The 11th Hour

I am quite stubborn it seems and the Lord has soooo much to teach me… but maybe I am learning a little (or at least I am THIS time).

This summer, for the first time in five years, I made a conscience decision to be unsubmissive to a decision that my dh had made (NOTE: I am not saying that I am always submissive like I should be but I normally TRY to be… it is hard to explain, but I don’t normally knowingly defy what my dh says).  Anyway, at that time, I made a HUGE mess of an already bad situation.  At that time, I found out that what the Lord had laid on my heart was His will, but it was NOT His timing.  Had I been patient and trusted in the Lord AND in Chad, then everything would have worked out they way they did, but without the mess (that I am still praying about and trusting the Lord in).

Anyway, that was a lesson learned the hard way!  As I have expressed recently, I did not want to have a c-section tomorrow (today depending on what time zone you are in – lol).  I have been desperately crying out to the Lord in regards to the situation.  I finally accepted the fact that I would be having a c-section on Friday, August 31 even though it wasn’t my desire… I had to trust in the Lord and in the dh that He blessed me with.

Today, Chad and I went to my OB appointment.  We made all of the final arrangements for the section (prescriptions, anesthesia, etc) and then I asked my doctor about future sections and the possibility of waiting one more week and trying for a VBAC (and this was with Chad’s full blessing).  First let me say that my doctor is very anti-VBAC and that before I went back to him I could not find a doctor that was supportive of a VBAC for me (and I even talked to a doctor in another state).  Anyway, after discussing the issue with my doctor for a few minutes, he said that we could wait another week to see if I went into labor and try for a VBAC!!!!  I thought I would fall off the table (LOL!!!).

This was a HUGE miracle!  My doctor offered to strip my membranes to jumpstart labor but I requested that we wait until Tuesday to give my body a chance to go into labor on it’s own… and then MAYBE we could do that (and he agreed).  If I don’t go into labor before next Friday, then I will have a c-section scheduled for Friday, September 7. 

I can honestly say that I didn’t have a peace about a c-section tomorrow but I have a peace with whatever happens in the next week, even if it is a c-section next Friday.

Also, here is ONE MORE really cool thing… Even if I don’t get that VBAC that is my heart’s desire, God is SO GOOD that my c-section will be on my birthday and what better gift can a mother receive than a precious new baby? 

For the first time in months, I feel so light and happy!  I have a TRUE peace that is only from the Lord.  It took me surrendering all to Him and in the "11th hour" He came in and answered my prayer with a "Yes" (I cried out and prayed to the Lord all morning before my appointment that I didn’t want a c-section tomorrow).  So, maybe I am S…L…O…W…L…Y… learning to completely trust in Him just as I know I should.

I will be sure to update if I go into labor (and if I am in full-blown labor and can’t type, then Chad will update his blog… and maybe mine if I think to ask him – LOL).

Thank you all so much for your prayers and I ask that you keep praying for me and that the Lord allows this new baby to born safe and healthy and that I don’t have any problems or complications with the delivery.




5 thoughts on “The 11th Hour

  1. wow wow wow dana and chad! stoked for you! was so expecting to get up today and read “news” – and i have! praying for you!


  2. Replica designer handbags can not only meet the needs of fashion lovers but also can need fashion lovers pay half the price of original ones or even less. Usually replica designer handbags have the very similar design with the original ones and the same high quality as the original ones, meanwhile replica designer handbags can offer people many different choices from styles to colors, so we have a great chance to find our favorite ones, why should we refuse to buy replica designer handbags since they have so many kinds of advantages?


  3. No baby yet, but keep on praying. On the plus side, I am FINALLY getting my house clean!!!! After 2 months on bedrest, things can really pile up, and I am literally talking a pile here and a pile there!


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s